Cunnamulla, QLD to Peak Hill (Bogan River Weir), NSW


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Peak Hill
August 21st 2019
Published: August 21st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Second last day on the road. A bit sad, but am keen to get back to clean up the house, myself and the touring gear. Got away nice and early to fuel up and get a greasy breakfast (dagwood dogs for the kids - good parenting) at the servo. Out of town before 8am. First stop was Bourke. Not much going on except I got stuck in a toilet and Suz had to bail me out by kicking the door in!

Next stop was at Nyngan where we fuelled up and had a look at the Big Bogan. Interesting - reminds me of me…

We finally got to Peak Hill after Phil and Jen, who stopped in Narromine for some damper ingredients, accidentally started heading to Dubbo before they realised they were meant to head for Parkes instead. Classic Phil!

We are at the Bogan River Weir, camping in part of the dried river (101 camping - don’t camp in riverbeds). We have a few dampers on the go now and will have a big fire, a bit of Wild Turkey, beer and talking rubbish to see out the last night.

Might do a final post with highlights and breakages for Suz to use in her photobook.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb