Don't Stay Here


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Orange
July 19th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This weekend just gone, we went for a weekend escape to Orange in central New South Wales. We had a great trip up there going via Bathurst and doing a lap of the Mount Panorama race track. We booked one nights stay at the Ambassador Inn which is part of the Quality Inn chain.
What a mistake!! This would have to count as the worst single night accommodation I have ever suffered. The owner/manager was rude and abrupt. He gave the attitude that he was doing us a favour just by letting us stay there. There was NO customer service, no attempt to empathise with guests. I needed some extra pillows to sleep due to a medical condition. When I asked reception for these as there was only one single pillow in the room, and the vitriol that I received in response to my request was actually quite un-nerving. He proceeded to say that the office was closed and that I would have to 'suffer'. I said that I needed more due to my condition. He begrudgingly said that he would get some but that it would be quite some time. Much later, he did provide them, but his attitude was surly and abrupt. On the sign out the front, it states that the restaurant specialises in 'home cooking' but on inspection of the menu, it certainly charges capital city rates, that I would expect to be charged in some of the very best hotels and restaurants, not some in-house restaurant in a country motel.
Finally, on check-out, I received some of the rudest language and open hostility I have ever received or witnessed in all of travel both in Australia and over-seas. My commitment is that; I will never stay at this motel again, I will always try and stay at any chain of motels other than Quality Inn and when talking with friends and relatives, I will actively direct them against staying in this establishment. Do NOT stay at this place.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb