Up the coast!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
March 6th 2008
Published: March 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up really early to get our Greyhound bus to Newcastle. Got there around 10, hung out in our hotel's lounge for about an hour then checked into our room. Another YHA, another clean nice room. It was just the four of us in the room again, which was nice. We walked the 100 meters to the gorgeous, wide and very uncrowded beach. We lay out in the sun, swam a bit and just generally enjoyed the beautiful hot weather that had evaded us for so long.
I headed back to the hostel when I felt like I had had enough sun - which was lucky, I'm the only one who isn't burnt! I read for a bit, then took a shower, did a much needed load of laundry, and then we got ready for dinner.
The Newcastle Beach YHA has a lot of selling points, but the number 1 definitely has to be the fact that there are free backpacker meals four nights a week! Literally, a free dinner! We went to a bar, were given two-for-one drink tickets and a full meal of sausages, salad and pasta salad. All I spent that night was 4.90 on two glasses of wine! A real bargain!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb