Sydney to Rockie to Emerald to Cania Gorge to Sydney Christmas 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Mullumbimby
April 12th 2012
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Sydney to Rockie and back December 2011

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Mullumbimby – Noosa - Boyne Island – Hervey Bay – Rockhampton – Causeway Bay – Mt Hay – Emerald – Sapphire – Mount Morgan - Mt. Kroombit – Cania Gorge – Lake Monuran - Gympie – Hervey Bay - Noosa – Glasshouse Mountains – Pottsville – Coffs Harbour – Tamworth. (approx. 6,000kms)

Why would you go to Rockie? Because your good friend and her family {the Gaynors} want to have the best steak in the world at Rockie and go to the rodeo on New Year’s Eve.

Now that would have to be a hoot!

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">27th December

Never leave Sydney on 27th December - well not heading north unless you want to sit in endless traffic…13 hours to Mullumbimby!!!! All credit to Rotary and the rest stops, best set of cards for the kids – spotto, but spot a cyclist, a police car (oh so many on that day), a school, a speed sign etc.

Heading to Mullumbimby to meet Warren and Judy (in their Jayco) who are staying with Judy’s cousin (yes we are gate-crashing). Finally arrive, Mark sets us up in paddock with power etc. and Nicky cooks dinner for us and kids – Heaven!

Meanwhile, Jessie (our border collie), finally unleased from Winnie (23ft Winnebago), takes off after a chook – has not seen one she can chase before (next door neighbour has them but there is a fence inbetween). I have not previously seen Bluey run the 100m sprint, but he leaped into action as Jess took after a (host’s) chook at breakneck speed with Bluey remarkably close behind and he crash tackled her to the ground! (Chiropractor may be required, but the chook was fine.)

Next morning we walked into Mullumbimby, what a lovely town. I love Brunswick Heads which would always be my preference to stay, but If Brunswick is full, go to Mullumbimby which sits just inland and the sports ground is open for camping – we saw dogs running around everywhere and it is a large open space. Everything you need in town and the mountain sitting behind. Contact the information centre.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb