Day at Manly


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After an slighly later start after our late night we headed to Circular Quay Harbour to catch the ferry to Manly. This is a nice beach area only about 30 minutes away on the ferry. It is a popular location and was quite busy being holiday time. we had lunch on the beach and a paddle in a very choppy surf sea. In fact as we were leaving the life guards were clearing the sea of swimmers as the waves were so strong. We headed back to the city for Tea time.

We then ventured out to the Sky Tower where we took the lift up to the observation deck. The view at night was great and we wer happy taking photos and enjoying the view when we noticed that the queue to go down was building up so decided to head down - after a while the queue had not moved at all so we went to investigate what was happening - we were told that the winds outside had got worse and that in weather like that the lifts automatically shut off as a safety precaution. In the end after a rather long wait the staff decided to override the safety system and start operating the lifts again. As we went down in the lift you could feel the high winds. We were glad to be down in the end - but by then it was time to head back to the hotel ready for our early start for the Bridge Climb the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb