the flies are every where!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
October 29th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The flies have come out of hibernation to enjoy the nice weather 😞
We've never seen anything like it before (it's even worse than on a cattle ranch in Nebraska on the hottest day of summer- trust me, that's a lot!). The flies are really stupid- they just land on you, and they're kind of slow too. But for every 1 that you kill, about another 20 come around. The locals don't seem to mind too much, or they have just gotten tired of swatting the flies away. We need some frogs down here to clean up the sidewalks! One thing we've noticed is that they aren't out at night. We don't know where they go but they really don't bother you as much.

The only entertaining factor to all this is watching other people react to them.
For a while, Josh had this thing about smacking as hard as he could if they landed on him. One day in the Apple store he tried to hit one that had landed on his forehead- a lady walked away from him like he was a crazy person, and I just giggled in the other aisle (he really did look like a crazy person) - ok, you had to be there. Other times he would catch and shake them to make them "dizzy" (I doubt flies have a very complicated vestibular system, so not sure how that works). Now he talks to them like they are his pets.

So I guess the flies have become a major part of our life (and source of entertainment).



Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb