Kiama and Gerringong


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kiama
March 20th 2012
Published: March 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

One of the things I am really loving about this trip is that we make plans… and then we change them. As with Ulladulla, we had planned to stay in Wollongong last night.But we made it as far as Shell Cove and I felt an insuppressible wish to stay in this area for a little while.

During the drive from Jervis Bay, the scenery changed hugely – it was almost as though we had crossed some invisible landscape border. We left beautiful ruggedness behind and travelled through lush, green hilly areas with villages dotted throughout. There were still great views of the coast and beaches but it felt more refined and gentle.

After checking out Shell Cove and the Killalea State Park, we headed back to Kiama where I was going to visit the Mind Body Spirit Centre for a yoga session the next morning. Kiama is a really nice beachside town with plenty of charm. Although almost everything was closed by the time we got there, we went for a walk around the town, up to the lighthouse and the blowhole, which is Kiama’s main attraction.

The following morning – after some yoga/fishing – we headed further south to the lovely village of Gerringong to see the beach, go for a wander, have some lunch and relaxed coffee. Then it was off to Wollongong!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb