Katoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
May 29th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

29/05/09 Friday Day 287
Since today was practically our last day in the van, we decided to stay close enough to Sydney, so as not to have a huge drive on our last day. We decided to go to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. Oh my god is it cold up there. It was 9 degrees. There’s 1 caravan park in the town which is about 20 minutes walk, including some rather steep hills. After some lunch and a walk around the town, including buying woolly hats cause the ears were frozen off us, we headed back to the park to doll up for a night on the town. Our gas ran out yesterday so we have to use the free bbq’s in the park, which are dead handy. The next thing I know, I hear the fire brigade tearing up the road. Then it comes into the park and pulls up a bit away from me, next to the amenities block. There I was thinking some nan rang the brigade cause she saw smoke coming from my lovely and extremely well cooked New York steak. It turns out however that an old couple with a rented transit type of campervan forgot to put on the handbrake and the thing rolled backwards into the amenities block. When we were walking back into town, the brigade had left and the cops where there now. There’s always some kind of drama going on!
Anyway, a right cold night in store. There’s a few pubs in town. The first one we visited was a wine and cocktail bar. There was a tribute band to Bob Marley playing. There was also a poster advertising the wolf tones that were playing there, well one of the group anyway. There was also a poster signed by Brian Kennedy so this place must get loads of small concerts. Next up was the Carrington Bar. Another good place. It’s part of a very fancy hotel but it seems like it’s a separate building. There was a band in this place too and a fairly large crowd. After leaving this place, we met 4 Dublin people on the way to the next place, which wasn’t a nice place at all. And it was nearly empty. So a quick drink there and back to another pub/nite club place. This was a lot livelier than the last place and they had a beer promotion, buy one beer and get another teeny tiny beer free. Sure why not! After that it was time to go home. We got a taxi. We decided not to walk the 20 minute artic like conditions for fear that our faces would break in the cold!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.2kb