Dorrigo Rainforest Centre


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Dorrigo
March 4th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove out to visit the Dorrigo Rainforest Centre and Skywalk.
The Skywalk is not very long. It is just a small cantelever that would normally have a lovely view but it was very misty today.
We then took the Wonga Walk, which is normally a 3hour walk through World Heritage rainforest, to visit the Tristinia and Crystal Shower Falls. The end of the loop had had a landslip and was blocked so you had to walk back the way you came which added quite a few km's and hills.
It was a lovely walk, the rainforest and the waterfalls are beautiful.
When we got back we went on another shorter walk called the "walk with the birds". This walk takes about a 1/2 an hour and is on an elevated wooden walkway. We could hear lots of birds but we couldn't see many.
While having lunch in the nearby town I was horrified to discover that I had three leeches having me for lunch!!
Back to van, exhausted and leech bitten and yes........... it is still raining.
I would highly recommend the Dorrigo Rainforest Walk, preferably on a dry, leech free day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The foggy viewThe foggy view
The foggy view

No view today :(


17th March 2010

yikes leeches
sounds horrible you poor thing!! Never mind they only choose the best blood to suck!!
17th March 2010

Thankyou Robyn
It is comforting to know that I have the best blood. LOL

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb