Four Sleeps to Japan


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Concord
November 16th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Shinkansen Shinkansen Shinkansen

We will be travelling in style from Tokyo to Kyoto, Koyasen, Kanazawa and Takayama by train.
Hi to all our regular bloggers and hello to the new ones!

Monday is lift off day for Tokyo and this time our friends Ross and Helen as well as Rick and Jan are coming too. Both couples have provided lists of email addresses for people they want to contact while they are away and I've added them to our already largish blog list. I think there are over 80 names on the list now. It's worth noting that Col checks to see who has not been reading the blog - a please explain could follow.

For those who haven't been on one of our travel blog they work like this:- We will all take lots of photo's and hopefully find a few that are good enough to send, then we will write up our adventures with help from all six (so it should make interesting reading). We then need to find an internet connection and the time and energy to post an entry. The first you will know is that you will receive an email notice giving you the link to the entry.

If you have spam filters on your email you will need to allow messages
Futon comfort!Futon comfort!Futon comfort!

We'll be sleeping low to the ground for most of the trip - Col says sleeping is OK it's the gettign up in the morning that's the problem!
from webmaster@travelblog.org - some spam systems will put these alerts into the junk box.

Through the travelblog you can contact us and send messages full of home and world news as Australia doesn't figure highly o/s and even if it did none of us can read Japanese.

Sayonara from

Lyn and Col, Helen and Ross, Jan and Rick.

PS. One guide we have been communicating with in Kyoto has promised to stick the autumn leaves back on the trees if we look as if we will miss them.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Eating in styleEating in style
Eating in style

In Takayama we will live in luxury at an Onsen with hot natural pools and banquets in our room.
The not Eumundi MarketsThe not Eumundi Markets
The not Eumundi Markets

Food - as always an important element of any overseas travelling this group does.
Weather in NovemberWeather in November
Weather in November

The recent cold snap in NSW has prepared us well for the temperatures in Japan. They should reach highs of 19 but be around 10 most of the trip.


18th November 2006

And they are off again!! and considering how much I love the pictures and the commentary, I can continue to live vicariously!! Bon Voyage and I'll enjoy your trip! P.S. Is there a reason you aren't a professional travel writer???
20th November 2006

Excellent
Hi Col and Lyn Lovely photos, thanks for sending me your bloggs. The most exciting thing I have done lately was do the Relay for Life walk for the Cancer Council at the Blacktown Olympic Park at Blacktown at the end of October. I walked 14 times around an atheletic track with my walking stick, 2 rounds at a time and had a rest over a period from10am - 6pm. Would have done more, but it was freezing during the night and most of us went home and came back the next morning for the final ceremony. I raised over $200.00. Enjoy your trip Shirley
20th November 2006

Enjoy your holiday
Hope you are all enjoying lots of sushi and sashimi as well as the nice cool spell, as boy it is going to be 38 sweltering degrees in Sydney for the next couple of days atleast and the bush fires in the Blue Mountains are still burning. Regards and sayonara
27th November 2006

happy travels
Isabelle and I were in Japan last year... but they will probably not remember us!!! Could the ticket inspectors on the Shinkansen be even more polite than they are? Keep bowing... it protects the head from those low doors. Cheers PG.
25th November 2007

Great jurney
I enjoyed your blog very much. I am glad you experienced our cultures and sceneries a lot. Come Japan again, and taste our country more deeply. For peoples who will come Japan, it will be best way for you to buy JR Pass, if you will get around in Japan..

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb