Underway at last


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
February 22nd 2013
Published: February 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a dream - bright sun, Camera's a clicking every day, But day four has come - what a blast, A tropical low has made us run.

Over the years we have driven through and camped in some scary weather from blizards to fierce tropical storms. The present storm while not spectacular certainly has brought challenges. The wind have been switching as well as extreme gusts, probably around 80-100ks. Driving became hazardous with trees down, bits and pieces flying. In Ballina yesterday a gust of wind picked up and moved tables and chairs at an outdoor eatery.

The plan was to meet up with David and Mary at Yelgun and then first stop Ballina followed by various NNSW beaches until Sunday - BUT, the tropical low changed that.

The Yelgun meetup on Monday all went to plan as did driving to Ballina Wednesday morning except we went to the Horizon Motorhome factory to have a small leak repaired. Six hours later after the roof hatch was removed and fully remounted (all done under warantee) we caught up with David and Mary at Bicentenial park for the night. By now the weather was deteriorating to the extent that itappeared likely that the Clarence or Richmond Rivers could flood. So today (Friday) we made the dash from Ballina to Coffs Harbour and sit out the weather system for 2 or 3 days. We could see 200mm rain here tonight and tomorrow.

I took a movie of one of the rain squalls. I'll see if I can upload or link it. Makes for interesting viewing.
">


In the mean time, we are safe, warm & dry and greatful for having a well packed larder in the motorhome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Weather RadarWeather Radar
Weather Radar
IMG_2490IMG_2490
IMG_2490


22nd February 2013

Great Timing
Boy oh boy what great timing you sure picked a good time to start hope you drive out of it soon actually looks wet all the way to Adelaide at present, say Good Day to Mary and David for us. Look forward to some great photos after the sun comes out again Hear from you soon again Regards Brian and Maureen
22nd February 2013

Some weather
It's good you are safe and keeping warm in the gale and rain. Good that the leak was fixed too while near Ballina. It would be a bit rough in the van in high winds - rock you to sleep! Glad you are making sure all is well before moving. Windy and a few showers here but the worst is past at the moment. It looks like 136 is going to be our home. Prices have dropped drastically in the last few days and we could not hope to get what we expected so have told the Cox family that we would have to reduce our price to them substantially and that would mean that there would be a shortfall in our move to JG. Will be seeing them next week and telling them they can go ahead and sell Villa 52. We are not upset quite happy here. The Cox family understand and while they are disappointed are deciding whether to carry on and try and sell and buy over here at a lower price. That would mean they could sell for less over there. It's up to them to make that decision. We have Steve and family for a very short visit in the morning they are taking a Philipino friend who has been staying with them to Brisbane airport that is the reason for the trip. Keep safe and love from US2@RW
22nd February 2013

Good to hear your on your way but sad its not under better skys, but raining and unstable here been windy as well Safe travelling

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 171; dbt: 0.1383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb