All Aboard


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
October 12th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we jumped aboard our coach leacing Bondi Beach and Sydney for a 9 hour drive to Coffs Harbour.

We spent the majority of the day upon the coach (which was luckily quite empty so lots of room to stretch out and nap) before eventually pulling into Coffs about 4pm.

We were quite concerned as to how we were to carry our increasingly heavy bags around whilst searching for a hostel but with a wave of good fortune we found when stepping off the coach that the Hostels came and presented themselves to you trying to sell their resort.

We decided (Claire being the hostel chooser after my vomit-hostel disaster) to head to a place named Aussitel, 10 minutes from the beach, opposite a large river, 15 minutes from the town centre and with a heated pool, free canoes, bodyboards, fishing and much more.

The hostel was cool, clean and very laid back and relaxed so after settling in we headed to dinner with a local girl and her New Zealander Boyfriend.

Cheap dinner and $5 cocktails. No complaints from me.

The couple were called Amy and Kyle and were really nice as well as giving us lots of info on where to go, what to do etc...

Today we overslept BIG TIME and so when awake had a quiet stroll down to the town where Claire exceeded my expectations by claiming she did not need to shop before spotting her favourite chain store and failing dismally with multiple purchases.

Evening was spent relaxing at an all you can eat BBQ for $7 at the hostel. Spent most of the night chatting to the 3 guys who worked and lived at the hostel whilst Claire phoned her infamous text buddy Polly.

Kelly

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb