Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
April 3rd 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were collected off our bus quite late that night and checked into Barracuda Hostel. We ended up with our own little dorm which was great. Having spent a whole day hanging around the hostel in Byron Bay we headed straight for bed.

Coffs Harbour is about half way between Sydney and Brisbane and is a fairly big place. Best known for its Giant Banana and connecting theme park which celebrates Coffs main industry (Unsurprisingly we didn't make it out to see it). Oh and Russell Crowe lives down the road.

The next day we were up early and took a walk along the nice beach beside us which brought us into the marina. We started to realise that we were no longer in Queensland as the weather was definitely chillier than we were used to.

After the beach we walked around the Marina which was packed with boats of all sizes and climbed up Mutton Bird Island which gave us lovely views of the city and beach. That evening (Still in recovery from Byron Bay) we went to see a movie in the cinema (Once we found it) called "The Good Shepard”.

The following day we went to the local shopping centre to get some pictures sorted out and then into an internet cafe. After watching TV that afternoon we packed and got ready for our bus late that night.

Next Stop Sydney...




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb