Maclean of Maclean in Maclean


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
August 20th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Twin TownTwin TownTwin Town

our local town.
Spent a day at Airlile trying to spot the deadly saltie crocs down the beach, sadly could not, then had a night on the greyhound, sadly driver insisted on putting a Jim Carey 'comedy' on. Had a quality 24 hours in Noosa, walked the National Park in glorious sushine, spotted a massive lizard and Koala's in the trees, not in a zoo for people to hold with stupid grins on their faces. Went out with the Irish which was a mistake with my early morning the next day, onwards south, saw Brisbane from afar (cut it out though, is another city) Went through the carbuncle that is Surfers Paradise, to be fair if I wanted to spend big I'd stay there but it's the ultimate in big high rise straddling the beaches, still was good to see it.

Then got to sunny Byron Bay, first observation, it's chokka with wannabe hippie, think too many people take a daytrip to Nimbin and stock up on cookies and never recover. Still Byron is a fine place to chill out for a few days.

Yesterday I hired a little Toyota Yaris (never had a digital speedo before) and went to Australia's scottish town "Maclean" covered in tartin but not as tacky as say the Royal Mile. Had lunch and bought postcards, wandered about then went over to nearby Yamba which has one of the best unspoilt beaches in the country. Was nice to be in the car driving along just on my own going where I wanted.

Driving in Australia easy, they drive on the left and there is not much traffic.

All in all I'm sort of enjoying the East Coast but I guess I'm looking forward to Asia now, big shout goes out to the Aussie people though, love their attitude to life.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb