Byron Bay to Newcastle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
May 29th 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

With the rain continuing to fall all night (apparently 50mm in total) we were less than enthusiastic for going on the sea kayaking tour we'd booked the day before, so Will went and cancelled it first thing.

After repacking our bags and checking out we made a hearty breakfast of porridge before catching the shuttle bus to town with the popcorn we'd pre-made to snack on at the movies.

Before heading to the cinema Will bought a cap. Our choice of film to fill the gloomy afternoon was Sacha Barren Cohen's Dictator. Although the film was quiet short it's inappropriate humour made us laugh.

As we came out of the cinema we were created by a transformation in weather and blue sky's. On the way back to the beach Will bought a T-shirt and Shushing roll to keep the hunger at bay!

We spent a while relaxing in the sun watching the many surfers and the scavenging Ibis before heading back to catch the free shuttle bus to the hostel for dinner in front of the fire before getting the shuttle back to town and the overnight Greyhound to Newcastle.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.9kb