this is roughing it....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 26th 2006
Published: March 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we caught a plane almost two weeks ago that took us up to the Gold Coast airport in Queensland on the Eastern coast. Ever since then we have been travelling the coast with only our backpacks, a tent and brett's guitar. It has been quite the experience. Right now we are in Byron Bay, a tourist haven, but we only plan on being here a couple of days and then will take a long bus trip down to Sydney to explore the harbour, see the opera house all that kind of stuff. There was a cyclone that hit the North East coast of Australia a few days ago. Luckily we weren't in that area but our weather has not been the best because of it. We actually had to rent a camper for a couple of nights because our tent was about to flood or be blown out to sea. Today is the first nice day we have had really, so were headed to the beach...
The internet up here is quite expensive and few and far between so I'll post the photos and stories from our trip back in Melbourne. We will probably be there in a week or so depending on how long we decide to keep on roughing it.
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are okay and have survived the storm, I know there has been some concerns...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb