Rain rain go away!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 11th 2010
Published: March 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again from a very very wet Byron Bay! I hear that the makeshift poncho (i.e. a black bin liner!) is very in this season. So im trying to remember what i have been up to since i was last on...so after the threat of a tsunami caused by an earthquake in Chile last Monday closed all the beaches in New South Wales, the rain finally cleared up and I was able to do some more exploring! I took the 30 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay to see my first grain of Aussie sand on Manly beach which is a beautiful place. The sun was really strong though so after a few hours enjoying the "view" (i.e. surfers) we headed back to spend the rest of the afternoon strolling round the Botanic gardens beside the opera house along with the thousands of bats (or flying foxes as they are known here) which inhabit the park trees. The next day we got up early and took another ferry ride but this time to Taronga Zoo which is full of animals from all over the world. There were lots of shows and talks going on so first up was the bird show with the birds telling the story in perfect time to music and the commentators cue. The koalas followed and then the seals. I was brave and entered the wooded area for the spider talk - eek! That night even though we were shattered from walking for most of the day round the zoo, we went to see Alice in Wonderland at the imax cinema at Darling Harbour which which ace! Friday was a bit of a washout but we hit the beach again on Saturday but this time Bondi! I loved it and again the "view" was good! Well with it being Saturday night, we decided to try out the night life in Darling Harbour which didnt disappoint and the 24 hour irish pub in the casino was a good spot to enjoy a late night pizza! On Sunday despite it being the morning after the night before, I got up early and took a bus to Coogee beach and walked the really pretty coastal walk to Bondi - an excellent hangover cure (even though i wasnt hung over).

Monday was a bit of a non day and I jumped on the Oz bus on Tuesday morning for the long trip to Surf camp. The camp reminded me on my childhood holidays in Lossiemouth caravan park and was full of cool surf dudes. The food was good and the craic too. My attempts to surf on Wednesday morning however were poor at very best! Safe to say, im not a surfette.

Well im in Byron now and have a trip to Nimbin tomorrow to look forward to. If i dont get too high, i will be back on soon to update you on the next part of my adventure....

See you back on here soon x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb