Diving D Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 10th 2006
Published: March 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HaHa...at the dive centre for 8am. again well before Jy but we all got set up and ready to go. This was our final day of skills and we were joined by an underwater film maker who insisted on filming us...despite my dislike for cameras! The pacific was calm and welcoming and we started our dive with an ascent...another skill used when out of air called a CESA controlled emegency something ascent, should probably know what the something is! After that we headed down to our little sandy patch and REMOVED OUR MASKS!!!! its horrible... not a fan. Then we went for a swim....found a turtle minding his own business then a few Wobbegong sharks. We also swam over the 'Cod Hole' a deep hole filled with marine life and things that can kill you...Nice!
Our second and final ocean dive in the afternoon held new delights in the form of the a 'nest' of wobbegongs...they're damned lazy...big group of em all sleeping the day away on the ocean floor!
Returning to the dive centre resulted in more paperwork...our official documentation to prove we are now qualified, certified scuba divers!!!! I have a little piece of card to prove it...the real plastic one will be in the post!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005kb