Some Sun and More Rain!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 22nd 2006
Published: March 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 101-103

We hung around the hostel until 1 then were were dropped off at the bus station where we boarded the Greyhound headed for Byron Bay. Arrived about 8.30, were picked up and taken to the hostel. Had dinner, checked out the town and sat by the beach for a bit. We were tired from the travelling so had an early night.

Woke up to a gorgous day, went to the supermarket and popped into a couple of shops then headed to the beach. The beach was gorgeous and the waves were pretty powerful. Stu hired a bodyboard for free from the hostel and played about on that for a bit. Went back to the hostel, got showered and fed then went for a walk to the most easterly point of Australia. It was so nice walking along the beach while the sun set. We watched some surfers doing loads of tricks for a while then went back and drank some more of our butterscotch snapps. We went to a really manky bar and left after one cocktail for a nicer one. Just had one drink and headed home.

The next day was grey and raining so we lied in and had another look around the shops. Went on the internet and played monopoly and cards until the sun came out late afternoon. Went to the beach for an hour or two, had dinner then went to a bar by the beach which had a really good live band playing. They were really good - a funky rock band who were covering everything from John Lennon, Country and Western to Vanilla Ice so we stayed for quite a few!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb