The gold coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey guys!!! so last we wrote was at airlie, since than we travelled to kroombit cattle ranch, where we had a taste of the real oz (apparently). got there and shown into out shacks to sleep in. then had a roast dinner (kind of-not at all like mums roast) and then we were taught haow to whip crack. its harder than it looks theres an actual technique to it!! katy managed her first crack after the 40 somethingth try, i (weirdly) managed to do it the first time and every subsequent crack, we were all very weirded out as i was also very good at the clay pigeon shooting aso we reckon id be the perfect farmer! katy was amazing at the mechanical bull-the nut cracker! and stayed on for 8 seconds(most guys didint even stay on for 4!) we also took part in a goat rodeo, and pony trekking where we herded the goats(or mustered them).
after kroombit we travelled to rainbow beach which is a lil town(ish) in the middle of nowhere with no amenities and crappy hostels with rude occupents -dont go there! we only stayed for a night though and went on to fraser island the next day for A 2 day tyour. here we saw some amazing lakes (lake mackenzie- google it!) which was freezing and it was raining all day but we stupidly decided to swim in the 5 degrees water anyway and i ended up making my cold even worse! here we also saw indian head ( a lookout point) the rainforest, and a ship wreck. quite a good 2 days but very wet and cold.
from there were went to noosa which is a rich kids town full of posh people, and boutique stores, but it has amazing beaches and we stayed in the cutest hostel ever called dolphins. that eveing we went to the cinema to see the hangover, but as i was soo ill and tired i fell asleep during it for most of the duration of the film...gutting!
then we wetn to brisbane which i loved! its such a clean culrtural city, very high rise but i still loved it. here we attempted to go to the botanical gardens but got lost, , so the next day we caught a bus to outside the city to go to lone pine valley koala sanctuary, where we got to touch, feed and hold the koalas, aswell as seeing other oz wildlife such as kangaroos, crocodiles, a really cool Cockatoo called Mr Cocky which sang and danced and spoke when you talked to him, it was v.funny!
left the next day and now were in byron bay, which is a nice little town, not too much to do, but it houses people such as dame edna, and olivia newton john (so you obviously know its got to be good lol). last night we proceeded to walk to the supermarket and got lost and stumbled into a dark wooded area and then loasds of huge bats flew out at us all...they were horrible and massive and im sure a witch shud have followed but we rapidly exited the area after that.
all five of us went to the off-license and ma and vicky (a girl froma group weve baan travelliong with) bought a lovely bottle of red wine, whilst katy and lizzie went fro some white goon, and today we have headaches.
Well thats about it for now, sorry its been a while since last entry.
hope youre all fine and dandy, love alex xxxxxxxx
Katy and rachael, sorry i havent contacted in a while but interent keeps timing out every time it try, ill bee in touch soon love you xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb