I'd like to start by saying ThankYou...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 31st 2009
Published: March 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

for all comments that you lovely readers have left us. Oh wait!! We have only 2 and that was nearly 2 months ago!!

Well unfortunately we have left it quite a long time but some comments would be nice to know that you are reading it! But we have been very busy cuddling lots of animals. Now my moan is over I'll tell you what we have been up to...

We left for Brisbane very early the next day with a friendly driver called Binks, she turned out to be quite funny and had good taste in road music! We stopped off at Noosa to drop off most of our bus and carried on with a few randomers from Noosa towards Brisbane. We were talking to a guy on the bus who had been to visit Australia Zoo and showed us a picture of him cuddling a Koala. We fell in love! and mostly decided then that we should go visit.

We arrived in Brisbane and stayed at a hostel in the center of the city, from here we had a nice day of shopping, Tasha wanted to buy a bag so we had a good look round, and tried not to spend too much money!! Sorry mum I bought another bag but it wasn't expensive and it was fair trade from the BodyShop.
The next day we got up early and visited Australia Zoo, we decided to get on the train rather than book it as a tour and managed to save ourselves $30 which was good, and as the train station was on the otherside of the road it seemed a bit silly to waste that much.

Australia Zoo was AMAZING! We cuddled and stroked too many kangaroos and koalas to count, as well as getting our picture done with a very cute koala we saw Tigers, Turtles, Tortoises, Alligators, Crocodiles, some hedgehog things i cant remember what they are called, Elephants and many others. We also saw a show and learnt about the giant Turtles. It was a great day, again we tried not to spend too much money in the shop. Our train was delayed getting back which was frustrating but we had a great jacket potato when we got back!

Unfortunately we only had 2 days in Brisbane we would have liked a lot more, but we did manage to find an amazing second hand book shop and someone we got chatting to on the train told us about this amazing pancake place. Open 24 hours! we went for breakfast on the day we left for Surfers Paradise, it was delicious! And we sat on the bus completely stuffed all the way there.

The only way to describe Surfers Paradise without swearing is a complete dive. DO NOT GO THERE.
Paradise?! Where?! Surfers?!Where?! Our hostel was described 'motel style'. Ew is how i would describe it. I don't think they understood what a hoover was. The place could have been anywhere, reminded me of Spain in a bad way. Too much high rise and not enough to do during the day, with a horrible beach. We got bored and ran out of things to do in just one morning and spent the rest of the day next to the horrible pool!

After our bus was half an hour late, forcing us to spend more time in 'Paradise' HAHA, we were finally off to Byron Bay which is where we are now. Our driver let us watch Bondi Rescue, which is about Bondi beach in Sydeny. We can not wait to go there now!

Byron is much more agreeable. Feels like a small Brighton in a good way. Lots of individual hippy shops, artists galleries and coffee shops. We have found some very nice ice cream which is always a plus. Yesterday it rained tho and we were stuck inside 😞 we made it to the cinema which is practically next door and saw the Watchmen. Very good movie, very good. Today has been a bit nicer, we spend some time on the beach this morning and this afternoon. We do very much like Byron Bay. Defiantly a place to visit!

We are still confused about the time in England as your clocks went forward, but New South Wales is an hour ahead of Queensland so we had to put our clocks an hour forward when you did. Any clarification would be helpful please!

We are hoping for nice weather tomorrow and hope to make it up to the most easterly point in Australia to see the sunrise one morning. That should be interesting!

We are off to Surf Camp on Saturday on our way to Sydney which is going to be a long drive so we rn't looking forward to that!! But are pleased to be meeting Katie when we get there :D

Hope you are enjoying hearing about our travels as much as we are enjoying them! Comments please.

Miss you all

Amy and Tasha
xxxx

Advertisement



4th April 2009

hey guys, sorry for not leaving a comment before!! I very much enjoy reading your blog and I am uber jealous. Shame about the rain, i hope the weather gets nicer for you. Erm I don't know about time differences sorry! I hope you are enjoying your freedom muchly, I am stuck inside doing revision! Tomorrow night Osc and I are going to the Komedia for some stand-up which should be good, and we are hopefully goin to london for the day next week. Only 2 weeks of hols left then bk to uni for the 20th! Miss you both lots x x x x x x
5th April 2009

I've enjoyed reading r stuff :D the time in england is 8.50pm and in Sydney it's 5.50am (so the next day) this is according to my ipod! glad ur having fun, and i'm so jeolous u went to australia zoo :( boo u! looking forward to hearing about more of ur adventures!! xxxxx
7th April 2009

O
Great place for time differences is this web site: timeanddate.com/worldclock/. You can see the current time in many cities. For example, right now it is 8 pm Monday here (in Orlando), 1 am Tuesday in London and 10 am Tuesday in Sydney.
7th April 2009

My last comment went in too soon! Anyways, I hope that you will consider your hotel in Dallas to be better than the one in Surfers Paradaise! *grin* Let me know if you have a better "feel" for when you will be showing up on my doorstep. Sounds like you are having a blast!
8th April 2009

poor chillblains!!!
sorry to hear no comments, i guess everyone thinks someone else will do it. seems you are having most wonderful of times with ice cream and pancakes and lions and tigers and bears( @ the zoo!!) sorry did you not mention bears or lions? i guess by now Katie is back with you and you are the three musketeers once more. one for all and sod the rest!!! keep your blogs coming thru they are most enlightening . big hugs to TREAKS XXXXXX

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb