Eureka


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 25th 2005
Published: December 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Byron Bay > Coorabel lookout
I made a little blue wren friend this morning 😊 For an hour he circled me as together we enjoyed the sweet soft tunes of Chamras Saewataporn. Now it rains again….on and on for the past few days since I arrived in the shire. And not one rainbow seen in the region yet …Found my car keys! And it clears 😊 Full tummy of yummy breakfast and again I am reminded how it is all in the mind. I have my keys, I have my health, I have myself and I need not let stuff overwhelm me. It’s all a matter of perspective and today I choose to take the light & easy path *relaxed sigh*

November 26th
I found Gondwana! Within the alternative' scene, the Byron Shire is well known for it’s hippy/'alternative' and sanyassin communities. They had to be somewhere but where to start in a predominantly surfie tourist town? Plenty of topless boys and bikini clad girlies about. Boring really, with too much scattered gotta-get-drunk energy.

November 27th
Bangalow Markets. The rainbow region is quite well known for their alternative markets, a travelling affair between the various localities. Drumming circle this Sunday was absolutely crazy! Mackie Markets x 100! Abundant energetic bodies danced on and on despite the onset of torrential rain! Beautiful connection with new girlfriend. Saturated on a soggy Sunday 😊

November 28th
More, more relaxing. Feeling into the reverse polarity of my regular days... no walls to bounce off of here...

November 29th
Wow what a blessed day. Bajans & more open my world again. Reminding me of India and my free spirit, my desire to be bigger than I am, to give love, to be love. It strikes me just how blessed I am and in the moment I am totally, magnificently moved. I love these moments… what stops me from living this always? A birthday party like no other to top the eve off... sweetly sung lyrical kirtans and a delicious hot tub to boot, mmm...

November 30th
A lazy day beginning with my new nudie freshen-up routine 😊 Communal dinner at Gondwana brings out many from the woodwork… In fact Byron’s general area is such that of a networking basis that many local church’s communal offerings are a lovely opportunity to socialise and meet new people, a real blessing. And there are several throughout the week. The Seventh Day Adventist offering is especially offered with love and they are vegetarians too! Perhaps it's the opportunity to 'educate' the young tourists whilst on holiday... or not. Either way, the community environment here in Byron is astounding and puts our sleepy ol' Adelaide to shame.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb