Byron bay & Nimbin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 10th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jutty surfingJutty surfingJutty surfing

Justin always has to have the BIGGEST!
Back in New South wales, working our way back down to Sydney to get our flight over to NZ.

Everyone that we have met told us that we would love Byron Bay and they were right. There's a really cool atmosphere here - a combination of surfer dudes, back packers & hippies.

Justin took a surfing lesson whilst I watched him from the safety of the beach. After the 3 hours he was pretty exhausted but is going to hire another board today.

Also, went to a place called Nimbin yesterday - Muggsy recommended a tour called 'Jim's Alternative Tours'. Basiaclly, a crazy south African drives the bus - He is a bus driver/ DJ who keeps you very entertained with his witty comments and pumping sound track! Our first stop at 11am? The pub - pretty much determined how the rest of the day would follow! Nimbin itself is a little town stuck in the 60s! All psychedelic and the use of marujuana is very open there as is the selling of cakes, cookies etc etc. Also, went to see a waterfall after the roller coaster ride down the hill to some heavy rock music! All VERY entertaining!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Byron bayByron bay
Byron bay

It was a 'trashy' party!
Byron bayByron bay
Byron bay

Drunk? Us?!
nimbinnimbin
nimbin

Love the name of this place!
nimbinnimbin
nimbin

On the way back from Nimbin


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb