Sunshine at last :)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
June 13th 2007
Published: June 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well it finally came. The second day on Fraser Island the sun shone and has done since but its cold at night. since last update we have sailed the Witsundays (in the rain), on solway lass, beautiful boat and great crew, the best parts by far were the snorkelling and the rope swing, and i am now a pirate!!! i was the only girl to go on the swing and it was fab but i broke my shorts! oopps.

Then we did crazy greyhounding, finished the Ws's and got on the 8pm bus, to Townsville, went over on the ferry to Magnetic Island for the morning, we were on the 6am ferry with all the workers! then we were back on the greyhound at 3pm and we got to rainbow beach at 12.25, cheaper than paying for a hostel; nowhere near as comfy!

oh and it was still raining.

then the follwoing day we went over to fraser island on a self drive 4x4 trip, obviously i didnt drive but it was so much fun, except the arguements! saw lake McKenzie in the rain and then the next day the heavens open in a good way letting the sun out :D u have never seen happier people, well at least until 3pm, then we debated how far to go, then we broke all the rules! but we saw champagne pools and indian head and we saw a sting ray in the water at the bottom of the cliff. we saw the ship wreck and the last day after more debating we saw lake McKenzie in the sun.

We went dolphin kayaking... yes my sister actually got on the sea on an open kayak and trusted me to keep her safe! and i did, until she got a kayak to the face (oopps!) but not my fault, we caught and surfed a wave which was cool but we saw no dolphins.

Also been to The Zoo. the day before the dali lama, saw the croc display and semi faced my fear by looking at some but not all of the snakes, i looked at the massive one and then watched the show with them at the beginning and we held a koala and a baby croc and stroked/patted an aligator. it is a huge Zoo but really cool, also stroked a kangaroo. not sure we were supposed to but someone else did 1st. then we have travelled down to Byron Bay where we are now.

tomorrow i have a surf lesson booked so will have more to tell soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb