Byron Bay day 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Awoke this morning after having had a rubbish nights sleep. It was so cold in that Teepee. I literally has to get fully dressed in the middle of the night (fleese and windbrake) to survive!

It was a nice start to the day as while getting up all you could hear was idelic soothing oriental music from the ti chee lessons being taught just outside our tent.

After breakfast and after having been to reception to get myself another blanket, I got my stuff together and went to town.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Wondered around for a bit and checked my emails. Then found a nice cheap place for lunch (some sort of hippi health food cafe). Had a hugh veg lasagna with pasta, chilli beans sauce and salade on the side.

Now completely stuffed I went down to the supermarket (woolworths) to get food for my stay in the bay.

After dropping all of this off I headed down to the beach in the late afternoon. Read my book for a while then went for a swim. The sea is no way as rough as the south of france here so it kind of made it relaxing at first just to swim around but I kind of wish there were more waves (and bigger ones) to catch. But the ones they did have seemed to be relatively easy to catch sso managed to do a fair bit of body surfing.

Headed back to the Arts factory hostel where they were now teaching people how to throw Aboriginine spears and how to do poi.

Met and got talking to my Tee Pee room mates (All the beds are positioned n a circle facing each other which made it the most sociable place I've stayed in.) Since it was Trevers birthday (Kiwi) we all decided to go out for drinks after dinner.

Cooked up dinner then got ready.

Before we got going we watched two Polish guys put on a Fire poi show, which was awesome!

Trever and myself had a bottle of rum and the girls Sophie (Brit, Keira Knightly look a like), Zoe (Brit) and Sarah (Another brit!!) would be sticking to Vodca and Cokes. Nauil (irish) was going to catch up on some sleep before joining in on the drinking games.

Played ring of fire drinking card game first (extreme rules - number 8 = toilet pass). This was a really good laugh but unfortunatly Trever made himself terribly unpopular by creating a rule (picking card with no 5 = make up a rule) so that everytime a red card (hearts or diamonds) was picked out all the girls had to get on all fours slap their arses and then bark like a dog. Later he cemented his downfall by picking 5 again and then making another rule where all the girls had to jump up and howle like wolves when a red card was selected.
Predictably one of the girls picked up a no 5 card and then created a rule so that if a spade or club was pulled out Trever had to drink a 3 finger penalty of his drink (few black cards had been picked up to this point so plenty left over.)

By this point Nauil had entered the game and was playing catch up.

For some reason this evening was unfolding like some sort of bad slasher movie with a high body count. First we lost Trever who after taking countless penalties of Rum slumped over and
Sophie, Zoe, Sarah and MelSophie, Zoe, Sarah and MelSophie, Zoe, Sarah and Mel

Id dont know why Im pulling a stupid face!
passed out (one down).

After putting him to bed we went and sat outside and played 21 and "I have never". As we got up to go and catch the mini bus to town we discovered Nauil couldnt walk straight any more (had walked 10 metres before realising he'd lost one of his flip flops - thats how bad he was!) Went to town only to discover Naule had lost/forgotten his wallet and passport. He was also stumbeling around to the extent that we had to send him home on the mini bus (two down).

Went to some bar/club where we had snake bite and blacks and danced a bit.

Later went to cheeky Monkeys where the Alcohole now was starting to hit me (three down? not quite!). Couldnt quite work it out but the girls seemed completely sober! They danced for ages on some tables while I perched myself drunkinly up at the bar.

Got back at 4, I think.



Advertisement



7th April 2007

Critique
Just when I feared our protagonist was turning all "character driven" and this story was starting to go Ang Lee on our arse, the directory throws us a blinder of an action scene. Amazing what 3 cute girls and a series of drinking games can do. Hurrah! ****
8th April 2007

Critique
And what is wrong might I add with Ang Lee! (apart from the Hulk and gay cowboys)

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb