When 2 become 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 3rd 2007
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

An EXCLUSIVE blog today devoted to the Leggatt-Harrison wedding in Byron Bay. Sorry - no photos as cant get the computer to download them...so close your eyes - when you are not reading of course - and imagine the scenes. Will try to get some downloaded in a couple of days.

Well, it was a wondeful wedding in Byron Bay for Kylee and David. The venue was the beach Wattegos and then back to Summer Hills Retreat for the celebrations with the help of copious amounts of champagne. So not at all shabby.

David asked Jon to be a groomsman which was very kind of him. And Natalie was a bridesmaid so it was a bit of a family affair for us. With both wedding parties staying at the same venue stealth was paramount to ensure that the groom didnt see the bride before the event. It seemed to work well with the girls occupying the top floor of the house for all the beutifying and the blokes playing snooker downstairs.

In true Aussie style we stopped off enroute to the beach to pick up some stubbies and ice for the Esky - cool box - and managed to reach the beach before the girls.

Kylee arrived in true un-Kylee style - both in a Bentley and on time! This nearly caught the boys out as they had only just got there with the Esky.

Kylee looked fabulous in her ivory strapless dress with fishtail train and crystel embroidered veil. The bridesmaids were in hot pink strapless tea length dresses and silver the sandals. The blokes were in thongs. Naturally by this we are referring to Aussie thongs, which are flip flops. Oh and they had trousers and white-grey shirts on.


The beach was a great setting for the wedding. Petals were scattered to line Kylees path to David although a gust of wind meant that half of them lined the inside of a nearby picnicing couples lunch box. And the sea was a great back drop to the ceremony until the tide came in a little too quick. Oh how we all laughed as the string quartet got wet ankles and the celebrants briefcase set off to New Zealand.

All was sorted though by turning the ceremony around by 180 degrees saving the bridal party and exposing the guests to the elements.

Beautiful readings by Kylees mum, sister and sister-in-law. Then photos on the beach and back at the retreat accompanyed with Champers.

The grub followed with canapaes and a gormet BBQ. Then the speeches. The bestman saved a special surprise for David and Kylee with a DVD of Davids family from the UK all sending a personal message. Great for David and his brother but a little baffeling for the Australian contingent who struggled with the Geordie accent. A very special surprise though which Kylee and David loved.

Next the dancing kicked off with a Johnny Cash Medley...and some cheesy tunes all in the open air until finally the rain showed itself at about midnight.

Then cames Davids moment. They say that 90 percent of couples are too tired on the wedding night to consomate the marriage. What they dont tell you is the other 10 percent are just too drunk! David opted for a powernap at about midnight and sprawled starfished over the bed. Naturally as groomsman Jon vowed to step in...a suggestion voted down by most parties.

A wonderful wedding in a great setting. Congratulations to Kylee and David. Have a wonderful honeymoon in Thailand. Natalie is slightly jealous as we sit here in smokey Santiago eating a banana sandwich for breakfast as we imagine Kylee and David supping cocktails in their own privte pool...but we have the fish market to look forward to.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb