About to take off again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Budgewoi
July 6th 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

About to take off again. See our profile for an itinerary.

The freighter company which is taking us from Italy to the USA insisted that we have Yellow Fever inoculation which we duly did last Friday. Urgh! Have we been sick.

On Wednsday we both woke up with raging headaches and by Thursday we were hardly able to move. I have taken more paracetamol in the last three days than I have taken in the last three years. We are feeling marginally better today but still suffering.

There is a problem with our Paris to Milan/La Spezia train trip as the line has been closed by an avalanche. We are due to pick up our tickets on Monday so will no doubt find out then whether we have to organise an alternative.

We also found that the Euston Square Hotel we had booked in London for our arrival - for which we paid nearly AUD400 due to the Olympics - is not willing to move our booking by one day, even though they have vacancies and have already hit our credit card for the full amount. We will be trying to get Visa to cancel the charge but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth at the blatant theft.

Still, if that is the worst of our troubles, we will be doing ok.

Advertisement



6th July 2012

The fun of world travel
Hi John and Sylvie sounds like an Adventure in front of you. Dom
16th July 2012

Around the World in 95 days!
That is one ambitious plan you have there. Here's hoping it all goes to plan despite the present hic-ups! Best wishes, David and Janice The Grey haired nomads

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 18; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb