Day Trip to the Blue Mountains...and stuff


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

10/10/2008

Hey, yesterday i went to the Blue Mountains located about an hour outside Sydney. Got up at 6am after a night out and sunk a red bull as i staggered to the pick up point.

On the way there we passed the Olympic Park and stopped to see some wild Kangaroos. Afterwards we headed for breakfast where i had a sausage roll and chatted to a few fellow mini bus crew. A guy from Holland and a few people from England, didn't bother with the Germans.

Once done we went on our first walk which lasted a couple of hours and i saw waterfalls and lots of trees. I had my eyes fixed on the ground for snakes because a Brown Snake was seen the other day. After surviving the walk it was time for lunch which was a picnicy thing in a small park at Echo Point which is where the 'Three Sisters' rock formation is. Lunch consisted of bread rolls, salad and pasta.

The second walk was down around 1000 steps to the bottom and then a ride on the Worlds steepest train at a 52 degree incline. Good stuff.

...........................

Today i have spent alot of money but its well worth it.

Flying to Cairns on 21st of October and then travelling back down to Sydney with loads of stops in between. Some activities include white water rafting, skydiving, canoeing down a crocodile infested stretch of water, scuba diving, sailing around the Whitsundays and 4x4 driving on Fraser Island. Some stuff still isnt paid for though. Gonna be travelling with Lee so its pretty cool stuff.

Also booked the Bridge Climb for Monday.

Thats all for now guys! Ciao


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.6kb