Welcome to Bunny Hollow...but you can never leave.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
April 6th 2007
Published: April 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bunny HollowBunny HollowBunny Hollow

It does what its told and it washes itself.
So with the remaining bottles strapped securely in the boot, we picked up our banjos and headed for the mountains. We stopped for diesel at the "last fuel stop 'til Bell" only to be told by a Blunnie shod toothless harpy, leaning on one of the petrol pumps, smoking a cigarette that "Ya won't get any here, the f*cking powers off again."

"Squawk! F*cking powers off again!" said the large red and blue parrot in a cage by the torn fly screen entrance to the service station.

"F*cking shut up!" screeched the charming proprietress,

"You f*cking shut up, slut! Squawk!" replied the colourful bird.

This amusing and witty banter went on for some time, or at least I should imagine it did as I was rather preoccupied in driving away as fast as I could. I was really regretting staying up late to watch The Hills Have Eyes. Perhaps this is why Jen's Dad told us not to go this way.

After a while I managed to stop glancing nervously into the rear view mirror for long enough to enjoy the craggy beauty of the way round the valley towards Leura where Andy had found
MmmmMmmmMmmm

Even the bed at Bunny Hollow is designed for lurve, all night long baby, oh yes, I'll make you hot, even if I have to use the electric blanket.
us a delightful sounding B&B quaintly named Bunny Hollow. I'd rather not go into details.

Jenny's Dad, the soothsayer of doom gave two scenarios about the Blue Mountains. it would either be shrouded in fog so we wouldn't see anything. Or if we were lucky and it wasn't foggy, none of the waterfalls or cascades would have any water or cascadement going on due to the lack of rain. Well ten minutes after arriving at Bunny Hollow the heavens opened and treated us to a fantastic thunderstorm which went on well into the night. The next morning the air was crystal clear and as you can see, the waterfalls were flowing nicely.

Do you know how the Blue Mountains got their name? Well the conversation went something like this....

"G'Day Bruce, what's inland from here?"

"I dunno Blue, Mountains?"

And thus they were named.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

LookoutLookout
Lookout

One of the many lookouts across the Blue Mountains.
Leura CascadesLeura Cascades
Leura Cascades

Doing what they do best, cascading.
Bridal Lookout.Bridal Lookout.
Bridal Lookout.

Will you be needing the Bridal Suite Sir? No, I'll just hold her ears.
On the way to KatoombaOn the way to Katoomba
On the way to Katoomba

More waterfalls
Watch the birdieWatch the birdie
Watch the birdie

check out the bird caught mid flight.
Lets Rock!Lets Rock!
Lets Rock!

Rocks and stuff.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb