11 October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Berry
October 11th 2012
Published: October 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Canberra would have to wait as we decided to head south along the coast as we set off this morning. It took us almost 90 minutes to navigate our way from Lane Cove River Tourist Park, through the city centre and out toward the Pacific Highway heading south towards Wollongong. I think Rachel did pretty well as navigator considering we weaved through the heart of Sydney and managed to avoid the Toll roads. The route we took also gave us another chance to look out over Sydney Harbour.

As we moved towards Wollongong we veered off onto the tourist route which took right along the coast through a spattering of quaint coastal towns that were surrounded by green hillsides. We stumbled across a lookout along the way that give us terrific views south down the coastline that was edged by rugged cliff faces.

The further south we headed the more scenic the views became and the beautiful grazing hills we passed through seemed to be thriving with recent rains. The plan was to make it to Nowra but about 50 kms short of our destination we came across the town of Berry and decided this was us for the night. We pulled in at the local Showgrounds and got our accommodation sorted for the night before taking a stroll through town. The hot donuts and coffee did the trick for afternoon tea but many of the shops were closing as it was getting late in the day so it looks like we'll be heading back in the morning...........not like that's a bad thing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb