Day in Batemans Bay!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Batemans Bay
January 20th 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The sky was nice and blue in the morning, but the sea to rough to go to Montigue Island, so we decided on a trip to Batemans Bay. We had a bit of a walk on the beach and then headed to the bay in the early afternoon. We left in the afternoon because in the late morning we were working in the garden, planting some trees and picking vegetables...they got a couple of Canadian woofers working here now! Penny was watching us work, the non-working foreman she called herself, so she managed to get a nice burn on her shoulders... aussie tan is what we were told to call it. Should be a nice colour when it is time to go home 😊 It was another scenic drive down the highway, cliffs and sea all over the place. You can do a river cruise at the bay, but we just enjoyed what was the hottest day so far on the trip. We spent a few hours looking around the town, which was very touristy, then started on our way home. We were just going through Mogo when we saw a few kangaroos in a field, then it became more then just a few. There were about 50 or so just sitting in the field eating. Naturally, we had to stop for some photos. It was some good luck to have seen them, so now we really do not need to go to Kangaroo Island. After we got our pics, it started to rain, and when it rains here, it rains in buckets. About half way throug the rain we realized that we had some laundry outside, oh well, it can wait another day. Tomorrow morning is our last chance at the snorkel tour, it is raining hard tonight, but some of the sky is high, so who knows what will happen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb