Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thursday March 16, 2017

Our first day in Canberra. We meet the people we were coming to visit, my godson, Pedro Alejandroand his wife Saribel. A great event. We have planned this trip to Canberra now 3 times and in effect, the third time is the charm. Good to see them.

First things first; since we have not seen any kangaroo as yet, after a great local breakfast we drive to an lcal park to see our first local animals of our visit. There are virually dozens of them everywhere in the park. The animals are accostumed to human beings, because they don't get alarmed or walk away even if you are standing only a couple odd meters from them.

After the kangaroos, we went to visit the Australian Parliament House, here reside the Senate and the Parliament. An impressive building on the top of of a hill. Here we are remembered that Canberra is the capital of Australia. The city is well designed and the House of Parliament has a great maquette of how the city was designed.

We have lunch at a place next to a man made lake that crosses the city where Pedro Alejandro works on occasion. A beautiful view from there of the Cook Memorial, a huge fountain in the middle of the lake.

Later we make our way to the War Memorial, a stunning place that we circle to find out that we could not get in due to the hour. We explore the park in the back situated on Mount Ainslee, where the idea is borne that I wanted to climb the mountain, something I have not done for years now.

We finish the day with very pleasant dinner in a Thai Restaurant.

A great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb