Day 6 - Road Trip


Advertisement
Published: November 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Pam and JohnPam and JohnPam and John

A delightful couple and very gracious hosts at the Waldorf South apartments.
Today we bid farewell to Sydney and to our delightful and gracious hosts at the Waldorf South Apartments, Pam and John. We decided to take the longer southern route along the coast before heading inland to Canberra in anticipation of having a more scenic drive. There wasn't much along the road we wanted to stop and explore, but we did see the landscape change from city, to suburb, to eucalyptus-studded craggy hills, to hidden beaches, to ranchland, to large green valleys and back to city again.

Maureen finally got the nerve to try her hand at driving today and managed to arrive in Canberra without event. We were tired from the 6 hour trip but found the waveless pool and the jacuzzi at the apartment to be rejuvenating. Then out to a Japanese restaurant for dinner--a real treat from the simple meals we have been cooking (without staples such as spices and seasonings). But then to the grocery store for more supplies for making pack lunches for our day outings. When we were in China we got to the point we never wanted to see rice again...sandwiches are starting to have the same effect!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

WollongongWollongong
Wollongong

We used the GPS to find this off-the-road beach park for our lunch break.
WollongongWollongong
Wollongong

You have to take a short trail from the grassy park to the beach.
Outside of CanberraOutside of Canberra
Outside of Canberra

A vast, green valley with a wind farm in the distance.
RanchlandRanchland
Ranchland

Lots of sheep, some cows and a few horses
IngenuityIngenuity
Ingenuity

The air conditioner in our apartment drains into a little cup-like pipe in the bathroom floor. But the stream of water was missing the cup and soaking the floor. Mike came up with this use of the toilet-bowl brush holder to funnel the water into the cup.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb