Counting the days


Advertisement
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

14 Days To Go



This is just a quick post to check everything is up and running before we depart on what is very much becoming an annual pilgrimage. This will be our fourth trip to

The Land Of Smiles

together and we are treating it as a second honeymoon and are also trying to broaden our experiences as in the past we have been restricted by money, health and travelling partners otherwise known as kids.

Itinerary



Canberra- Melbourne- Bangkok



Departing Canberra on the morning of the 23rd September it's a short flight to Melbourne, after checking in it's time for a few hours of sheer torture in the Qantas lounge lol. Then it's time to strap in for the 9hr flight to Bangkok, after touching down it's time to navigate through the enormous Survarnabhumi Airport, find the luggage and the driver before heading off to Siam@Siam Design hotel which will be our base for the next few days.

Bangkok- Chiang Mai



This will be our first trip to Chiang Mai so we are not entirely sure what to expect and are really looking forward to this part of the trip the most. We have booked a private driver for a few days and have sveral other ideas in mind about what to see but have not set anything in stone.

Chiang Mai- Phuket



The beach part of our vacation, sun, sand and SCUBA after being certified as a Junior open water diver and having a few failed attempts at diving after that time as well as failing to upgrade to a senior certification I have booked in to do the SSI open water diver course with Chantal and Kevan at Phuket Scuba Club Kata beach and hopefully I can convince Colli to try the intro course.

Phuket- Bangkok- Melbourne- Canberra



The saddest and longest part of this trip. It is always sad when you come to the end of a holiday but even more so when you genuinely love the place and people you are visiting.

That's about it for now but stay tuned for fun and adventure when the trip gets underway and check out some of the pic's from last time that i put up as a test.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 87; dbt: 0.229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb