Saturday - Day Seven


Advertisement
North America
August 5th 2017
Published: August 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Saturday (today) was a GREAT day at the conference. It was one of those days where every single workshop I attended was SUPER helpful and informative. I was able to glean all of these little nuggets of wisdom that were EXACTLY relatable to our EXACT point of development with Max right now. I can’t wait to get home and start to implement them!



The thing I think I love most about this conference is that so many people share their experiences and inevitably I spend most of my time in each session nodding my head because they are describing our life!! Even though this disorder is a spectrum disorder, and there are definitely differences between each kid and adult with the disorder, there are also SO MANY similarities across the population. It’s really nice to know that we are not alone in dealing with Max’s issues. It’s very validating.



The day ended with the culminating event – the Banquet. It’s a great time for everyone to get dressed up, socialize with new and old friends, and dance the night away!! It is so much fun to watch all of the kids get out on the dance floor and just be themselves. It’s also a lot of fun for me to just sit back and watch Max without having to worry about explaining to anyone why he is invading their space, or going up to random people and asking them to dance. Everyone gets it here. I didn’t have to be worried or embarrassed. He had an absolute blast! He loves to dance and the music couldn’t start soon enough for him.





It was a very busy and long day and even though he was really sad when the dance was over, he was ready to crash when we got back to the room. It’s hard to say goodbye again to our friends, but we will see them again next year. And thank goodness for Facebook!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.9kb