Thursday - Day Five


Advertisement
North America
August 3rd 2017
Published: August 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a nice long sleep, we woke up JUST in time to get to Miller Park in Milwaukee (a drive that was 20 minutes away with no traffic, but took us about 90 minutes because of the game day traffic!) to watch the Brewers play the St. Louis Cardinals. Miller Park was a great park, too, but I enjoyed Wrigley more. Miller reminded me a lot of Safeco Field in Seattle, so it wasn’t as unique. Also, their staff wasn’t nearly as helpful or attentive. They weren’t bad, per se, but they let people who hadn’t paid for seats in the handicapped section sit RIGHT BEHIND us (normally there is a decent “bubble” of space so you don’t feel like someone is breathing down your neck as well as room to maneuver the wheelchair in and out of the seats). They also let people just sort of linger around inside the reserved ADA area. It became kind of crowded and chaotic which became an issue for Max. The game was a better game (both the outcome and the playing) than the Cubs game, though, and one of the Brewers hit a home run so we got to see their mascot slide down the slide in their stadium. That was entertaining.



After we fought traffic back to the hotel, the conference kicked off and we got all of our “SWAG” for the conference. The older boys reconnected with a friend they made last year, John, and it was off to the races for all of us!



We were exhausted after the train trip, the two baseball games and packed schedules and excitement of the last few days, so the four of us collapsed early. Max and I even had dinner in our room – just to decompress. We went to bed early and then I was up in the middle of the night with food poisoning. Ugh…. Such a bummer, because I missed the first real morning of the conference.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb