Red Sand, Green Gables, Cows, Cathedral, and Photo Bomb


Advertisement
North America
August 2nd 2015
Published: August 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wow, what a beautiful day! We were told by the locals that today was the best day of the summer so far, sunny and warm. Forecast looks to be favorable all week. Today we saw the red sand and cliffs on the north shore of the island, skipped rocks on the ocean, visited the heritage site of Anne of Green Gables in Cavendish, ate ice cream at Cows Creamery, and spent the afternoon in downtown Charlottetown, Canada's birthplace. The most amazing spires project toward heaven at St. Dunstan's Basilica, resembling a number of cathedrals I recall from art history books. Photos today included a number of "photo bombs" where people would jump into the photo at the last minute with a funny expression or unexpected arms in the air. Hopefully tomorrow the internet connection will be strong enough to load some photos here. Allison finally arrived and, God willing, we will be a complete team when Kathy arrives just after midnight tonight. We settled into the cutest Rachel's cottages in Belfast this evening. Ready for our first day on the build site tomorrow when we will meet Jocelyn and her daughter.

Advertisement



3rd August 2015

Great beginning
We had you in our prayers Sunday morning at Memorial! We asked that your team be a true blessing to Jocelyn and family--a demonstration of the Love of Jesus through your service! Have a great week and lots of fun working together! May you each be blessed with good health, strong backs and God's protection and unlimited provision!

Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb