2013 Capture the Color Contest


Advertisement
North America
October 8th 2013
Published: October 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It's time for the 2013 Capture the Color photo contest and I am very excited to participate. After browsing through files and files of photos, and enjoying some wonderful memories during the search, here are the 5 photos that we decided to enter in this year's competition.

Blue
Glacier ice thunders into the waters floats in the bay. This glacier remnant peacefully drifts near the Hubbard Glacier in Alaska, then chooses to backflip. The sudden roll caused beautiful ripples in shades of blue. Blue is a color symbolic of water as the source of life and of relaxation, both portrayed in this photo.



Green
A small chapel, with open doors is welcoming for any visitor. The doorway to the other side introduces a dimension of beach and sky, of being grounded and yet reaching beyond the thatched shade. This beauty beyond the church is as comforting as a gentle breeze on island beaches. The Bahamian Church on Little San Salvador Island bridges cultures and represents the spiritual connection of all visitors. A gentle breeze, open doors and hope for the future.



Yellow:
Golden grasses signal the end of summer during a train ride from Anchorage to Seward in August. The Alaska Railroad echoes the colors of the Alaska flag in midnight blue and vibrant yello



White:
Homesick. This fragrant blossom evokes memories of home and the dear ones there. A spring blossom on a young magnolia tree in Texas reminds me of Mississippi and the beautiful southern states.



Red:
A vibrant red Japanese Maple at the foot of the Tongass Forest in Juneau, Alaska is the star in this photo. Surrounded by lush vegetation and flowers of the season, this tree paints a story along the welcoming path.





These 5 blog nominees are some of my favorites:

goatsontheroad.com

Suitcasestories.com

GlobalGrasshopper.com

technomadia.com

travelblog.org/Bloggers/Global-Adventure/


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



29th January 2014
Blue: Ice Float at Hubbard Glacier

Colors
Great photo

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb