RIHLA 13: Unveiling Europe


Advertisement
North America
December 16th 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Hind Ahmas's veil covers her entire face except for a slit left for her eyes to see through. Most veils that people think of when they think of a Muslim is the hijab, which is a scarf that covers the top of the head and around the face. However, Hind Ahmas's veil, on the other hand, covers about 100% more than a hijab does.

2. Ahamas is unable to wear her veil because of the law that France had made about the ban of burqas. Ahmas feels restraint and upset over the matter. It holds her back from what she previously thought about France.

3. Defenders of the law say that their two reasons are that how it makes women 'prisoners behind a screen' and cuts them off from society.

4. Governments should not be able to decide what constitutes female oppression. In the past, the govnerment used to think women having jobs was female oppression. However, women felt more elated having jobs of their own and felt more equal and free. Women should decide what they want, not what others tell them to want.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb