ITS FREEEEEEZING......


Advertisement
North America
November 6th 2012
Published: November 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

at the computer at the computer at the computer

this was me a couple nights ago, it was really cold.
Hi again,



I write you from inside Caribee where is it about 14 inside and 1 degree outside but humid, the walk to the bathroom this morning was pretty quick.

Just an update on life here in Virginia, a good one, It looks like its going to go up to 18 degrees in 4-5 days and that the boys will be able to paint us, we are very pleased. We have not received a quote from the instruments people so I went ahead and ordered a lesser package but in the end will be saving thousands of dollars doing it myself ( as I always do ) also found the instruments for about 500$ cheaper online then they were offering. so again its a win win.

The front bathroom is done. The shower pump works and the pan is holding water so no leaks and all the plumbing is holding up and no leaks, very pleased. VERY pleased, lori is going to varnish the inside today and make it look perfect as she always does, she is a meticulous perfectionist, its great.

Looking at the rear bathroom today, will put in the electity and get ready to install the thru hulls but we still have not figured out exactly the configuration of the bathroom . do we keep a pump for the shower in there even though we will not have one... do we take all the plumbing out like I did with the other front head.... anyways we will discuss this today.

Our Kiwi friends on the 55 foot tayana have not left yet and they are getting backed up everyday with little details, they are supposed to leave in 3 weeks.... hmmmmm I wonder if we could be ready to go with them at the same time.... this would be great.

A nore-easter is coming in tomorrow and there will be heavy rains throughout the east coast and this will affect us a little bit keeping the canadian cold front around until the weekend. Hope it gets warmer soon as my hands are freezing as I type this out, I slept with a tuque last night, I slept very well though.

Lastly we found a liferaft online that was half the price I though we were going to have to spend ,again we are saving on our budget. I thought
headheadhead

ok ok ok not too exciting but for us it really was.
we would spend about twice as much as we have at this point ( my pencil is really heavy being in the home estimating business ).

Speaking of adjusting I feel bad that we will be turning down work in NJ but we are ''all in'' at this point, we have spent so much time and energy in this project that leaving it right now and waiting another year will be too hard. I do feel bad about not working but we have been planning this trip for a year and unfortunatly we will have to wait another few month before coming back to the real world of work. If we really need to, but thats for another blog 😉

On a seperate boat yard note our best boat yard friends are leaving this week, Scott and Kim, we had a nice dinner with them last night. they really have a super cozy boat, super hippy like, it was so relaxing. A lot of people are leaving now that the hurricane has past, now that the weather has dropped and that the northern winds can push them down to the south where the warm trade winds can take them thru another winter in the sunshine.... SOunds great doesn't it.



Ok back to work for us. talk to you later.



Marty and Lori

Advertisement



7th November 2012
at the computer

Nice light!
Hey where did you get that really cool light on your nav station. It looks like it bends and is solar powered?! ;-) Congrats on your license and for getting your head together. Gosh I love nautical terms! Hee hee. Hope to see you both soon. Big hugs from the crew of Anthyllide
7th November 2012
at the computer

thank you! safe travels, hope you warm up soon :)

Tot: 1.491s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb