Toronto, CAN / Edmonton, CAN


Advertisement
North America
August 8th 2012
Published: August 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The trip wraps up today with non-stop travelling. Re-living portions of the same day over again is always interesting! We left Munich, Germany today about 50 minutes late at 12:50pm local time. After a 9 hour flight, we arrived shortly before 4:00pm in Toronto local time.

Getting through customs was no problem (aside from the longest line EVER). It took about an hour from landing to re-checking our bags for Edmonton. Then we hoped on the monorail at Pearson and headed across the road to the Four Points by Sheraton for dinner (or based on the time we're used to a midnight snack) with some of the family including: Clarke, Karen, Brenda, Al, Lisa and Sean.

Dinner was great and it was awesome to catch up with some family. Our only regret is that we didn’t have more time to spend with everyone before our short stop-over was done!

Last leg of the trip was from Toronto to Edmonton where we were lucky enough to have Katy come pick us up at the airport. Arrived home just before 1:00am local time...which means one LONG day of travelling, 22 hours for those of you who weren’t counting!

Some snuggle time with all the zoo animals and then we are off to bed to prepare for 'life in the real world' which starts again tomorrow for both of us.

Thanks to everyone who read our blog during the trip. While we didn't respond to comments due to time, we did enjoy getting and reading each and every one of them. The trip was truly a trip of a lifetime. We are still digesting all of the amazing things we did and places we saw. One thing is for sure - we have lots of great memories and experiences that we will never forget and we already have our sights set on Rio 2016.

Only a couple days left of these Summer Olympic Games, we can’t wait to fall asleep to Brian William’s voice tonight (is that weird?). Go Canada!

Hope you enjoyed the trip - we sure did!

Signing off,

Kristy & Will

Advertisement



10th August 2012

Trip
Glad you are home. Sure enjoyed your Blog and sharing your journey. It must seem like a dream sometimes as you saw and did so much. You give new meaning to "make lifetime memories each day" Will miss my nightly ritual reading your Blog and watching Olympics. Go Canada!

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.9kb