RIHLA #29


Advertisement
North America
May 22nd 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Looking at the Amnesty International's Website, I noticed there were a lot of world news articles, issues, campaigns, cases, victories, and research this website is involved in. The organization's goal is a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Going for this vision, Amnesty International’s mission is to undertake research and focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of these rights. It addresses governments, intergovernmental organizations, armed political groups, companies and other non-state actors. Amnesty International looks to expose human rights abuses accurately, quickly, and persistently. The article I chose is called "Women's Rights are Human Rights." This article states that women often face gender-based discrimination that puts them at risk of poverty, violence,and a poor education. Their mission is that they are working with global and local locations to help combat violence against indigenous women in the USA and work to increase protection for refugee women and children around the world. This article relates to my findings about Human Rights because women should be treated equal and have the freedom to choose. One of the Human Rights stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is that Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty. I believe that this human right is self explanatory. Woman are a big part of our life and as we can see they are starting to grow. We should not stop them and put them down but to help them improve more and more for this world to have more people who are cable to doing great things which can lead this world to another place we may have not seen before. As it been said before, "Two minds are greater than one" which shows that with many people no matter the race, gender, ethnicity, etc. if we all come together something greater will be created.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb