RIHLA#22


Advertisement
North America
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) The article I read was about the KONY 2012 viral video. KONY 2012 is a campaign to stop the war in Uganda against Joseph Kony. Joseph Kony is a warlord who has taken many live using children as soldiers. He also has girls as sex slaves. The article opposes the video due to the timing. U.S troops were already in Uganda and working with Uganda forces to capture Kony. Having this video was a mistake due to the revealing of the issue. U.S forces would rather work in "the shadows" in order to catch this war criminal rather than have publicized.

2) This event relates to the DBQ due to the fact that people oppose issues for the good, but others see it as something bad. During Enlightenment, many opposed slavery due to moral issues,but others were in favor of it due to economical reasons. In this article, any opposed Kony and made people aware of it,but the U.S forces preferred to capture this warlord without any distractions.

3) There is cause and effect evidence in the article. KONY 2012 was launched to the public,but now it makes it hard for the forces of Uganda to capture Kony. The campaign not only awares people ,but also awares the wrong group of people in Uganda.

4) If this crisis has been going on for so long, why launch the viral video now? I would need commentary from the producers of the video and the organization to answer this question.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 987.1kb