45 most powerful images of 2011


Advertisement
North America
January 6th 2012
Published: January 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1st image: Robert Perza who lost his son in the 9/11 terroist attack, this image stood out to me because his father looked like a professional buisness man and he stopped everything he had going on to show his son respect.

2nd image:members of national security on the mission agaisnt Osama Bin Laden in the situation room of the White House in May 1st, this image stood out to me beacuse The room was filled with whites and one black man and for once they are working together to make our country a better place.

3rd image:two lights from the former site of the world trade centers shine for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 i chose this image because 9/11 was a tragic and frightnening time for america it was hard to cope with what had happened people innocnet lives were taken, the fact that lights shine where the twin towers once were sheds a sense of hope and faith for evryone who lost a loved one in that attack, it also shows that America in fact got even stronger since that attack.

4th image:Osama Ben ladens death, this image stood out to me not only because bin laden death but the firemen who lost friends celebrated the victory, they all looked as if a sense of relief finaly came upon them after so many years they can be at peace with what happened

5th image:first same sex marriage, this mage stood out to me because they made history, showing that anything is possible if you believe

a image that could best desribe my year personally is a picture of michelle obama, i chose this image because although she is 1st lady. she still made a name for herslef and made other foundations and showed that she had a voice as well, she is an inspiration to me.



images/ photos can be valuable resources to for historians becasue although they are images they say alot about what is going on around and what type of enviorment it is, and images give your mind a chance to explore and think critically about why the image was taken and what it represents.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb