Rihla #9


Advertisement
North America
November 9th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rihla#9:

Many people see Veterans day as a day off of school, in reality it is a very important and honorable day. I never really looked into stories about Veterans day and all the people with stories. After watching the video in World History class about the Homecoming of the Soilders it was very inspirational and felt like they were my own family because my emotions were caught up in the video. I think peoplpe should look into how many people are out fighting for our country and lives while putting their own lives on the line for us. Another thing that ties into Veterans day is the grave of the unknown. I thought that it wasa great idea. Many people wonder who the body belongs to but that is not the most important thing since they can not identify him. I think it represents all the soilders whos bodies were not able to be identified or were able to be found. Also families of those soilders that are unidentified or MIA have a way to "visit" them because of the grave of the Unknown soilder. It can also be looked at as closure. Veterans day is a way to show respect for those who have fought and give up time in their lives to protect ours. ALong with other holidays, I believe Veterans Day is one of most important holidays our here because if it wasnt for them, we wouldnt be here ourselves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb