Rinks #6


Advertisement
North America
October 17th 2011
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. When we stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?
This quote shows that strength comes in numbers. Most importantly, unity is key. It supports unity instead of separation.
2. "Be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi
This saying from Gandhi shows that in order to create change, an individual must change first. It shows to people that the world would be better if everyone took charge of his or her life first.
3. "It is best to be hated for who you are than loved for someone you're not." - unknown
This quote shows the importance of being your own person. Pretending to be someone you are not gets a person nowhere. This illustrates the importance of not letting yourself loose your identity in the fast changing world.
4. "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"- Walt Disney
Since Walt Disney is the creator of Disney World, this quote holds great importance. If we really try to, we can achieve what we desire. Not letting go of our dreams is something difficult and it is something Disney supports.
5. "Always keep an open mind and a Compassionate heart." Phil Jackson
This promotes accepting difference. It implies kindness. Since no one is the same, it is best to accept people or things as they are.
This Rihla relates to what we have been learning in class in the way that we are influenced. What is done today impacts our tomorrow.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb