Rihla # 6


Advertisement
North America
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Motivational quotes:
1. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
Og Mandino

- Explain significants: it's important because the quote helps motivate you to never give up because of fails.
- Message: when you fail your willingness will help you to keep moving forward.

2. "The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy, inevitable part of the process of getting to the top."
Dr. Joyce Brothers

- Explain significants: it's important because it gives you a perspective that in order to be successful you need understand that failing will help with your success. 
- Message: you need to see failure in good way since failure helps begin your success.

3. "Love never fails; Character never quits; and with patience and persistence;
Dreams do come true."
Pete Maravich

- Explain significants: it's important because it motivates individuals that all your characteristics never quits on you so more likely with two characteristics like patience and persistence, you can have your dreams come true.
- Message: Other characteristics like love don't fail on you, so your dreams can't fail as likely with characteristics like patience and persistence. 

4. "Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
Michael Jordan

- Explain significants: it's important because the quotes tells you that even though challenges go through your path, the same time as you, doesn't mean that you should quit because of it but to attack the challenge.
- Message: Never give up just because of a challenge.

5. "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."
Abraham Lincoln

- Explain significants: it's important because Lincoln states that you can receives thing you want more quickly like an education if you work hard for it now than later.
- Message : Don't leave important things behind for long cause it can be taken from other.

Critical thinking: 

  This journal prompt relates to what we are learning in class because we are learning about Buddha's eight fold path rules which is similar to the quotes since the quotes are there to motivate you to live your life without any regrets. Both the quotes and the eight steps were created to help individuals get motivated into doing something to live their life with.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb