A6 RIHLA #2


Advertisement
North America
September 19th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. This article relates to what we are learning in class because of the history of how long women have been paid less than men. Also because of the way women were treated during the beginning. Women were always under the men.

2. I learned that there is still some discrimination between what jobs and what kind of pay men and women get. I thought that after the Women's Right's Movement, things have changed because women became more independent. However, women still are looked as second under the man maybe because a man is more dominant. I also learned about the types of jobs most women have, which may factor into their type of pay.

3. I reacted kind of surprised when the article said the reason why most male industries are sex-segregated is because women aren't allowed there. I want to know how this is possible because a woman can have any job she wants now. I see a lot of women who do jobs that are most relied on completion by men. For example, some women work with construction, a lot of women are police officers, etc. It kind of felt offensive to believe that women make a difference, but they aren't important as the man. Women with education equal to men still don't get the best jobs and pay as men.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb