neilandjoyce


Advertisement
North America
August 25th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

August 20, finally left for New Zealand. Flight with Air New Zealand was great, as we had premium economy seats. Sky City Hotel in Auckland was excellent.
August 21, travelled on tour bus to Waitomo Glowworm Caves, and then to Rotorua. Fascinating places. Also visited the Agrodome, working farm, near Rotorua. Very interesting.
August 21, did tour of Auckland, including Kelly Tarletons underwater world., then harbour cruise in the afternoon.
Went over to Devonport Island next day, and wandered around the town, also visited the old fort on North Head of the island. Had dinner at Orbit Restaurant at Sky Tower. Very good, but expensive.
August 22 left for Las Vegas. Very long tiring flight.

Arrived Vegas 23 August at 7 pm,checked into New York New York Hotel, had some dinner and crashed.
August 24, Woke up late, 11am, and went for a stroll along the strip. So Hot. Had a couple of drinks and some nachos and salsa in the Hotel at one of the bars.

Went on Neon Lights Tour, saw the water fountains at Bellagio, and the volcano at the Mirage. Then went to Fremont Street for a walkabout. Fascinating area. Got back to the hotel about. 11pm.

Today, 25 August got sucked into a timeshare presentation (I know, I know), but got free dinner and show tickets out of it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb