Boston - New York


Advertisement
North America
July 31st 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Boston and New York


Hello

As some of you will know i set off for the US with two Uni friends on the 25th of July, so i am a bit late when it comes to blogging about the start of my trip. To sum up the first week in North America could take a while but being in an internet cafe and therefore short of time I will simply say it has been an enjoyable and smooth experience. Okay we may have go a bit lost once or twice (ending up in Harlem of all places on our first day in NY) but the places we have been to (Harvard and MIT in Boston....Times Square and the Guggenhiem in New York) have been enlightening as well as sometiimes absolutley breathtaking.

We are now back in New York for a final two nights and then heading to Pittsburgh Pensylvania to meet up with one of my Uni friends. Im hoping the 8 hour greyhound coach ride will be an enjoyable experience but that will harldy be the case. On our first ever greyhound journey the driver not only missed one of the required stops, she also had the tenacity to inform us "it's not that easy driving a coach, expecially while you passengers are sitting back and relaxing'.

Fortunately we arrived in Boston in one piece, although a lot later than expected. We also had some trouble finding our Hotel for the evening and because it was pitch black (little street lighting) we never had the privilidge of viewing the exterior of the hotel that we were walking into. Check- in consited of a small living room and a writing desk - completely decorated in floral design. Only in the morning, once we had daylight on our side did we see what sort of place we had spend the night. Think of Psycho and House of Horrors. It was a dilapidated mess, but suffice to say, an organiszed mess beacause we were more then happy to stay there another two nights despite the lack of basic kitchen utensils.

I think our wry English spirit will get us through (mostly) anything. My next blog im sure will see how far this platitude can be tested.

Hope everyone is well

Jonathan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb